Itinerary 6 days:
Dayak culture (3 days, 2 nights)
The jungle by kelotok (3 days, 2 nights)
Day 1: Arrival in Pangkalanbuun in the morning then transport to Lopus village (5hours). Welcome and accommodation, dinner and party with the Dayak community.
Day 2: Stay in the village learning it´s customs and culture, option to go trekking(6hours) through the jungle (please consult).
Day 3: Stay in the village. After lunch transport to Pangkalanbuun (5hours). Dinner and accommodation in hotel.
Day 4: Transport to Kumai to board the kelotok. Sail the upper river. 3pm first encounter with orangutans in Tanjung Harapan.
Day 5: Navigate the upper river to visit Pondok Tanggui and Camp Leakey. Starting in the lower river sail through the night.
Day 6: Visit with the ranger in Pesalat for reforestation. Navigate the return to Kumai for noon. Transport to hotel/airport (according to each flight destination).
- Hotel or airport transfers
- Transportation both ways to Dayak village
- Kelotok and crew
- Cook on the kelotok and Dayak route
- English guide
- Meals, mineral water, tea, coffee
- Entrances into the National park (3 stations)
- Souvenir mugs from Dayak village
- Donation for the ranger
- Hotel accommodation
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic beverages (Arak and beer can be provided if ordered before the trip begins)
- Travel insurance
- All tips.