Skip to content
What to know before arriving
- It’s not easy to find people who speak English so it’s better to learn a few phrases in Bahasa or even a small notebook to draw in, although It is guaranteed that they will do their best to understand you.
- It is a remote destination so there are no western bars or restaurants.
- The food is traditional, based on noodles, rice, chicken and fish.
- There is no wifi connection but if you have a sim card (Telkomsel) you can access the internet although it is quite slow but enough for whatsapp.
- There is only an ATM in Makassar and Kendari so plan well your itinerary and calculate how much money you will need in local currency.
- Don’t forget we are visitors. Please show respect for the atmosphere and local customs. There will be no lack of fun and laughing.